Why Lifelines are required?
- Falls are the leading cause of deaths in the construction industry.
- Falling from height contribute to 60% of the total fatalities in any industry
- Most fatalities occur when employees fall from open-sided floors and through floor openings.
- Falls from as little as 4 to 6 feet can cause serious lost-time accidents and sometimes death.
- Open-sided floors and platforms 6 feet or more in height must be guarded.
Permanent Lifeline system
a) Horizontal Lifeline System
b) Vertical Lifeline System